Why is it when we are kids, we think that we have it so rough? I remember thinking, "I can't wait to be an adult because then I can do what ever I want!" Ha!! If that were only true! I know that Haiden shares the same thoughts that I did when I was young. I will let you in on a conversation we had yesterday. He had gotten home from school, and had finished his homework. I told him that we needed to leave to do a few errands. Then this is what followed:
Haiden- I don't want to go.
Me- We need to. It won't take very long.
Haiden- But I haven't got a break today yet!
Me- When we get home you can watch t.v.
Haiden- I don't want to go!
Me-Sorry, you don't have a choice.
Haiden- It's not fair! You just sit on the couch all day!
Me- WHAT!!!
Haiden- I have to go to school for 7 hrs. and all I do is work!
Me-WHAT!!!!
After the shock wore off, and I had a chance to compose myself, we had a lengthy conversation on what I really do all day. He didn't seem to anxious to trade me positions. Later I asked him if that is really what he thought that I did when he was at school, and he said no. I'm not sure if he really meant It or if he was just trying to redeem himself. I have to admit that it hurt a little bit that he thought that way, but then I had to remember when I was a kid I probably thought the same thing. So mom, if I ever said anything like that to you I apologize. I obviously know now that you never got one moment to yourself! I don't know how you did it. You are AMAZING!

2 comments:
I'm wondering if this works even if you don't have a google account.Cheri
All children think life as an adult is much better then theirs. They learn real fast when they become parents.
Post a Comment