Saturday, September 5, 2009

Ice Skating & Hot Chocolate In AZ Summer?!

Makenna and I had the opportunity to go ice skating a few weeks ago. The kid's orthodontist has a patient appreciation party at Polar Ice in Gilbert. Makenna was so excited to go. Haiden had no desire to go, and Ryan was out of town. I got a babysitter for the other kids, and Makenna and I were off! It was fun! I am not a very good skater, but I can hold my own without falling. Makenna and I laced up our skates, and headed for the rink. At first she just clung to me, but that made us both almost fall. She quickly found the wall, and inched her way around the rink with me by her side, holding her hand. Ever so slowly she got a little bit of confidence and would let go of the wall. By the end of the night she was able to skate a little without holding on to me or the wall! I think that is pretty good for a first timer, who is scared to death to fall! Makenna had a great time and can't wait to go back next time. She said next time she wants her Dad to go with her so he can hold her. I told her that would be pretty funny, because he can't skate at ALL! She would be the one holding him. She thought that would be funny! :) We finished the night off with some cookies and hot chocolate! YUMMY! It was a memory making night!

5 comments:

Grandma Kathee said...

I'm all about memory making! A definite special "mom/daughter night"! Instead of taking dad, it would be even funnier with grandma as she would love to ice skate! Old dog.....new tricks? Way to go Makenna.....wanting to learn new things!

Anonymous said...

Isn't ice skating fun??? I remember ice skating as a little girl. Glad to see you guys had so much fun. Keep going Makenna it will get easier!!

Anonymous said...

Love, Aunt TT

Nikki said...

Fun times.. I love ice skating. I took the girls a few years ago in Vegas and they have no desire to go back. Maybe I will have to go while they are in school. HAHA... I am glad you were able to have some fun one on one time.

Kendi said...

What a great mom you are! I hate ice skating. I think it's so much work.
Cute pictures!