Saturday, February 7, 2009

The Pinewood Derby

Haiden had his first "official" pinewood derby a few weeks ago. This should have been his 3rd one, but the first one I think we were in between moves. The second one I was sick, and in the hospital. He did borrow someone else's car that year, and won first place! We were only hoping that our car this year would be able to race without falling apart! Ryan prides himself in fixing things around the house. He is a great spackler. But, one thing he is not, is a woodworker! (I love you babe!) They tried very hard to make the best care they could. Haiden wanted it to be blue and yellow. The Chargers colors. He put LT on it for Ladanain Tomlinson, and the number 21, which is his jersey number. ( Is he his father's son, or what!) When the car was done it needed to be weighed. It can't weigh more than 5oz. It weighed about 3.2oz. We needed to add weight, but weren't quite sure how. Thanks to Haiden's scout leader, he gave us a few pointers! After a lot of hard work, we were able to make weight at 5.0oz.. We were hopeful the next morning, but not expecting to much. Haiden had a fun time, but he was nowhere near first this time! That's o.k. though. He has fun memories building his car with his Dad. Maybe by the time Landon is 8 we can build a better car. :)
*Ryan giving Haiden a hard time. * Haiden's car *Landon thought this was the coolest thing! *A yummy "car" treat!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the car Haiden!

Love Aunt Tonia

Anonymous said...

Can only hope my grandkids realize what cool parents they have! Great car.....even if it had some issues! ha!

Nikki said...

Good job! I love the twinkie car that is funny. Now I know you took a vacation. I am hoping to see pics of a giant snowball. LOL