Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! I am trying to start the New Year off on the right foot by trying to keep up with my blog. We had a good New Years Eve. Well, I should say that the kids and I did. Ryan was not feeling well, because he has a sinus infection. He stayed home alone: ( while the kids and I went over to our friends house, (the Bomsta's) for their annual New Years Eve party. The kids had a good time playing and staying up extra late! We did come home at about 10 to 12 to ring in the New Year with Ryan. I unfortunately don't have any pictures. I wanted to put in a few pictures from Christmas though, since I didn't get that done yet.
This was Christmas Eve. We went out for dinner at the Macaroni Grill. This was something that is non traditional for us, but we had a great time and the food was YUMMY! We then came home and read the Nativity story. Makenna was Mary and Haiden was Joseph. We then played Christmas Bingo!! We then ended the night with the tradition of opening one present. Of course it was new Jammies!
On Christmas morning Haiden was up first. It was about 5:50. I don't think that he got any sleep that night. Makenna and Haiden both ended up on the floor in our room that night. Makenna was afraid that Santa was going to come into her room. Haiden was just so darn excited he couldn't get back to sleep. I can't believe that they didn't hear or see Santa! Grandma Kathee and Grandpa Kermit came over at about 7:00, just about the time that Makenna and Landon woke up. (It is so nice to have family here to celebrate the holiday with!) Of course Santa did his part by giving the kids the things that were on the tops of their lists! The gift from Santa were: Haiden- skateboard, football, and stocking stuffers. Makenna- A cash register, a "real" baby jaguar, and stocking stuffers. Landon- A basketball hoop, and stocking stuffers. They were spoiled by Grandma's and Grandpa's too! Mom and Dad didn't do to bad either. Dad surprised then with a WII!!! That was a family gift. Sometimes I think Ryan bought it for himself: ) We were invited over to our friends house for dinner that night too. Needless to say we had a great day. We are so blessed. We are Thankful for the birth of our Savior, and for the opportunity we have to celebrate that every year!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know 3 special grandchildren who had a super Christmas--and a grandma who did, too!

Anonymous said...

Looks like Santa was good to you all.

Moore Family said...

You guys always seem to be on the go! Having 3 kids must make you busy, busy, busy!!!

Good job on keeping the blog up! I love looking at your blog.